Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by mlpoulter <m....@bris.ac.uk> on 2003/05/06 17:48:00 UTC

Apache2 on RedHat 9

Hi,
 I've upgraded my RedHat server to version 9 with Apache 2. Reading
so just to clarify: are the RPMs useless?
For what it's worth, I've installed Apache2 and Mod_Perl2 from RPM and
got a functioning web server. I've commented out the httpd.conf lines
referring to the worker MPM. Installing the latest Apache::ASP from
CPAN and putting a basic config in perl.conf causes an error with
every hit, beginning "Can't locate object method "dir_config" via
package "Apache::RequestRec" "
Also, Apache does not seem to like "PerlModule" directives in either
httpd.conf or perl.conf.
Is there an up-to-date series of steps to get ASP working on this
platform? I'm not averse to compiling source, but if something can be
done with RPMs, then obviously that's a bit easier to keep track of.

Respect and admiration to Josh as always!

Re: Apache2 on RedHat 9

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
mlpoulter wrote:
> Hi,
>  I've upgraded my RedHat server to version 9 with Apache 2. Reading
> so just to clarify: are the RPMs useless?
> For what it's worth, I've installed Apache2 and Mod_Perl2 from RPM and
> got a functioning web server. I've commented out the httpd.conf lines
> referring to the worker MPM. Installing the latest Apache::ASP from
> CPAN and putting a basic config in perl.conf causes an error with
> every hit, beginning "Can't locate object method "dir_config" via
> package "Apache::RequestRec" "

If you have an RPM with mod_perl 1.99_07, that seems like it would
work pretty well.  Make sure you have upgraded to the latest 2.53 Apache::ASP
from CPAN, which should work fine with MP2 / Apache 2.

Make sure to "PerlModule Apache::ASP" in your httpd.conf.  If your
httpd.conf does not support PerlModule, make sure you are using the
latest mod_perl 2 release which should support that.

Regards,

Josh

PS.  Make sure to get on this list at asp-subscribe@perl.apache.org
since your emails were bouncing & needing my approval.

Re: Apache2 on RedHat 9

Posted by mlpoulter <m....@bris.ac.uk>.
Further to the previous message, I should clarify that the latest
versions I've found available as Red Hat RPMs are Apache 2.0.40 and
mod_perl 1.99.07.