Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Sebastian Bergmann <sb...@sebastian-bergmann.de> on 2001/11/08 09:29:07 UTC

Re: Current CVS on Win32 and directory indexes

Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
> Just noticed that Apache2, built from current tree, does give me an
>
>   Forbidden
>   You don't have permission to access /phpopentracker/ on this server.
>
>   Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to
>   use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
>
> error message when requesting a directory that has none of the files
> defined with DirectoryIndex.

  This problem persists with the current CVS of 2.0.28-dev, too.

--
  Sebastian Bergmann
  http://sebastian-bergmann.de/                 http://phpOpenTracker.de/

  Did I help you? Consider a gift: http://wishlist.sebastian-bergmann.de/

Re: Current CVS on Win32 and directory indexes

Posted by Sebastian Bergmann <sb...@sebastian-bergmann.de>.
Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
>   Dunno, I'll look into this later today and come back to you.

  Just could spare some minutes and updated my httpd.conf. Everything
  works fine now, sorry.

Posted by Sebastian Bergmann <sb...@sebastian-bergmann.de>.

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.
On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:

> >   You don't have permission to access /phpopentracker/ on this server.
> >   Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to
> >   use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
>
>   This problem persists with the current CVS of 2.0.28-dev, too.

Just to be sure, you are using the directives from the latest standard
config file, right?  An alias and some extra negotiation voodoo for the
error docs were added in the not too distant past.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA