Posted to surefire-dev@maven.apache.org by Dan Fabulich <da...@fabulich.com> on 2007/11/19 19:26:01 UTC

Integration tests in the new style

I'd appreciate words of feedback regarding revision 596385.  I just
checked in a surefire integration test in the "new style" as described in
the wiki here:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Creating+a+Maven+Integration+Test

Note that if you naively run eclipse:eclipse in
"surefire-integration-tests" and then try running the tests in Eclipse,
they'll fail because all of the *.java files are missing.  This is because
maven-eclipse-plugin will add the src/test/resources folder as a "source
folder" on the Source tab, excluding *.java, instead of as a "class
folder" on the Libraries tab.  (I think I filed an issue on
maven-eclipse-plugin for this a while ago.)

You can get the tests to pass in Eclipse by removing the source folder and
re-adding it as a class folder, or by running the tests from the command
line first and re-running them in Eclipse at your leisure.

-Dan