Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Joachim Müller <jo...@wemove.com> on 2006/06/18 13:35:02 UTC

problem with import psml to database

Hi.

I try to move the import goal from the jetspeed distribution (2.0.1) to
my j2:portal.genapp.minimal generated portal. while the import runs fine
from the jetspeed distribution (maven:import), it fails from my
generated portal (see log in attachment).

I performed the following steps:

1.) copy the following resources from the distribution to my project:

/etc/db-ojb
/etc/import
/etc/log4j
/src/webapp/WEB-INF/assembly/transaction.xml

2.) add an import goal to the maven.xml of my generated app (copied from
distributions maven.xml)

The import goal does execute and makes all the copying and modifications
perfectly:

- There are NO differences in the /target/classes files between the
distribution and the generated app
- there are no differences in the log messages of the import process
until the exception start
- the JetspeedDS ConnectionRepositoryEntry does exist in the spring context

Still import fails, telling me about a wrong db:login/passwd that are
NOT defined anywhere in my code. I observed:

a.) The jcd-alias should be JetsppedDS, not databaseMySQL
b.) the passwd user should be mysql, as stated in my build.properties,
not "root" as in  the stack trace

It seems to me that somehow the JetspeedDS ConnectionRepositoryEntry is
not used for the connection to the database.

(But this only applies for the transaction stuff ?? If I change the
connection user to an invalid user, the import process terminates much
earlier.)

Please help, I am lost. :-)

Joachim