Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Kit Plummer <ki...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/04 22:00:21 UTC

iPOJO and JMS MessageListener...

For some reason I can't set <property> values of an instance of a JMS MessageListener component.  The value is always null.  Is this a known problem with threads other than Runnable (which has worked for me)?

Here's my metadata.xml file:

http://gist.github.com/610313

Here's the code file:

http://gist.github.com/610315

The property value is always NULL:

12:52:38,164 | INFO  | Thread-6         | PidgeonOut                       | opsysinc.snap.pidgeon.PidgeonOut   60 |  -  -  | Setting Pidgeon to listen on topic: null
12:52:38,165 | ERROR | Thread-6         | out                              | ?                                   ? | 110 - pidgeon.out - 0.0.1 | [ERROR] PidgeonOut : [PidgeonOut-0] The callback method starting has thrown an exception : null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.createTopic(ActiveMQSession.java:1170)
	at com.opsysinc.snap.pidgeon.PidgeonOut.__run(PidgeonOut.java:62)

TIA,
Kit

Re: iPOJO and JMS MessageListener...

Posted by Kit Plummer <ki...@gmail.com>.
On Oct 4, 2010, at 10:48 PM, Clement Escoffier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 04.10.2010, at 22:00, Kit Plummer wrote:
>
>> For some reason I can't set <property> values of an instance of a JMS MessageListener component.  The value is always null.  Is this a known problem with threads other than Runnable (which has worked for me)?
>>
>> Here's my metadata.xml file:
>>
>> http://gist.github.com/610313
>>
>> Here's the code file:
>>
>> http://gist.github.com/610315
>>
>> The property value is always NULL:
>>
>> 12:52:38,164 | INFO  | Thread-6         | PidgeonOut                       | opsysinc.snap.pidgeon.PidgeonOut   60 |  -  -  | Setting Pidgeon to listen on topic: null
>> 12:52:38,165 | ERROR | Thread-6         | out                              | ?                                   ? | 110 - pidgeon.out - 0.0.1 | [ERROR] PidgeonOut : [PidgeonOut-0] The callback method starting has thrown an exception : null
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>> 	at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.createTopic(ActiveMQSession.java:1170)
>> 	at com.opsysinc.snap.pidgeon.PidgeonOut.__run(PidgeonOut.java:62)
>>

> From what I saw, I don't see any issue. Could you tell me which version of iPOJO are you using, and how is created the thread (I guess it is a thread with the run method, in that case check that you're using new Thread(this)). Could you also check that you have access to others values ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Clement

Thanks Clement.  I'd forgotten to add "Runnable" after the implements.  I refactored anyway and pulled the MessageListener out and into a separate class.  All is well.  I just assumed that MessageListener was Runnable.

Posted by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 04.10.2010, at 22:00, Kit Plummer wrote:

> For some reason I can't set <property> values of an instance of a JMS MessageListener component.  The value is always null.  Is this a known problem with threads other than Runnable (which has worked for me)?
>
> Here's my metadata.xml file:
>
> http://gist.github.com/610313
>
> Here's the code file:
>
> http://gist.github.com/610315
>
> The property value is always NULL:
>
> 12:52:38,164 | INFO  | Thread-6         | PidgeonOut                       | opsysinc.snap.pidgeon.PidgeonOut   60 |  -  -  | Setting Pidgeon to listen on topic: null
> 12:52:38,165 | ERROR | Thread-6         | out                              | ?                                   ? | 110 - pidgeon.out - 0.0.1 | [ERROR] PidgeonOut : [PidgeonOut-0] The callback method starting has thrown an exception : null
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.createTopic(ActiveMQSession.java:1170)
> 	at com.opsysinc.snap.pidgeon.PidgeonOut.__run(PidgeonOut.java:62)

From what I saw, I don't see any issue. Could you tell me which version of iPOJO are you using, and how is created the thread (I guess it is a thread with the run method, in that case check that you're using new Thread(this)). Could you also check that you have access to others values ?

Regards,

Clement