Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alexandre Martins <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/12 18:47:41 UTC

WebDAV - Access Manager

Hi All,    I'm implementing a system that uses the webdav server. However,
the login box that is presented uses the "LoginModule" only. I need to use
the AccessManager that controls the access to workspaces, for example. Is it
necessary to change the webdav code?

Other question... how can I disable the webdav server to one workspace?  ex.
The workspace "work1" cannot be accessed by webdav.

BR,

--
Alexandre Costa Martins
CESAR - Recife Center for Advanced Studies and Systems

E-mail: alexandre.martins@cesar.org.br
MSN: xandecmartins@hotmail.com
GTalk: alexandremartins@gmail.com
Skype: xandecmartins
Mobile: +55 (81) 9929-9548
Office: +55 (81) 3425-4763
Fax: +55 (81) 3425-4701

Re: WebDAV - Access Manager

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
Alexandre Martins wrote:
> Hi All,    I'm implementing a system that uses the webdav server. However,
> the login box that is presented uses the "LoginModule" only. I need to use
> the AccessManager that controls the access to workspaces, for example.
> Is it necessary to change the webdav code?

no, why do you think so?
the LoginModule and the AccessManager aren't anything dav specific,
are they? they are configured in the repository.xml if i'm
not mistaken.

> Other question... how can I disable the webdav server to one workspace?
> ex.
> The workspace "work1" cannot be accessed by webdav.

not in terms of access control, since this is not governed
by the dav server. if however that workspace can never be accessed
by webdav you could provide your own resource-factory that contains
a special treatement for that particular workspace. that would
probably work even if its rather a hack....

angela