Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Amit Sela <am...@infolinks.com> on 2012/11/12 17:01:03 UTC

Facebook corona compatibility

Hi everyone,

Anyone knows if the new corona tools (Facebook just released as open
source) are compatible with hadoop 1.0.x ? or just 0.20.x ?

Thanks.

Re: Facebook corona compatibility

Posted by Robert Molina <rm...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Amit,
There is a mention here to Start in the hadoop-20 parent path :
https://github.com/facebook/hadoop-20/wiki/Corona-Single-Node-Setup

Regards,
Rob

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
IIRC, Facebook's own hadoop branch (Github: facebook/hadoop I guess),
does not support or carry any security features, which Apache Hadoop
0.20.203 -> 1.1.x now carries. So out of the box, I expect it to be
incompatible with any of the recent Apache releases.

--
Harsh J

Re: Facebook corona compatibility

Posted by Robert Molina <rm...@hortonworks.com>.