Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Christophe Jolif <cj...@ilog.fr> on 2000/12/01 08:50:05 UTC

createElement/createElementNS problem

It seems that Jon & Chris (the only ones to have expressed opinions on
that in the WG) consider that in the case of an SVGDocument (not a
generic Document) createElement should return SVGElement and not generic
Element. If I well understand this will mean we will have to modify our
SVG DOM implementation to follow this if we want to be compatible...

Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:44:43 -0800
From: "Jon Ferraiolo" <jf...@adobe.com>
To: Chris Lilley <ch...@w3.org>
CC: Christophe Jolif <cj...@ilog.fr>, SVG Working Group
<w3...@w3.org>

At 11:47 PM 11/29/00 +0100, Chris Lilley wrote:

[...]

I don't agree. The createElement() method will create an element in the
same namespace as the document, which in this case is SVG, isn't it? I
don't see why we need to createElementNS(). If this were true, then
every
HTML script which calls createElement() would also be incorrect.

Jon