Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Lubos and Alena Pochman <po...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/24 00:08:09 UTC

How do you install/start repository server.

Hi I am new to CMS and JackRabbit. I would like to install and start
repository server as described here
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/deploy/howto-model3.html so I can connect
to it with test client or to run First Hops example with repository server.
I cannot find any documentation how to do that on website or FAQ or wiki.
All the documentation available seems to describe only client side.

Where can I learn how to install/start/manage repository server?

Thanks, Lubos

Re: How do you install/start repository server.

Posted by Nicolas Dufour <nr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can find piece of code in the wiki site in the example page here ->
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/ExamplesPage at the section Simple
Standalone RMI Server / Client.

In fact, the server should have this :

Repository repository = new TransientRepository();
ServerAdapterFactory factory = new ServerAdapterFactory();
RemoteRepository remote =
factory.getRemoteRepository(repository);
Registry reg = LocateRegistry.createRegistry(1100);
reg.rebind("jackrabbit", remote);

And the client :

ClientRepositoryFactory factory = new ClientRepositoryFactory();

Repository repository =
factory.getRepository("rmi://localhost:1100/jackrabbit");

You can of course change the port (1100) and the server name (jackrabbit).

I use those pieces of code in fact in one of my projects. It works fine.

Enjoy

Nicolas