Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/20 17:09:06 UTC

4.1: component lists

I've been looking at some of the code and examples in 4.1. I have some
suggestions.

There's a number of places where we pass list of component ids.

I.e.

 updateComponents="ognl:{'author'}"

We should be able to pass a simple string there:

  updateComponent="author"

Further, we should be able to pass a comma separated list:

  updateComponents="author,genre"

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.

Re: 4.1: component lists

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Yeah that should probably be changed....

On 9/20/06, andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr> wrote:

> Yea, that's another leftover from tacos.
> Wouldn't a StringToListConverter take care of this?
>

> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> > I've been looking at some of the code and examples in 4.1. I have some
> > suggestions.
> >
> > There's a number of places where we pass list of component ids.
> >
> > I.e.
> >
> > updateComponents="ognl:{'author'}"
> >
> > We should be able to pass a simple string there:
> >
> >  updateComponent="author"
> >
> > Further, we should be able to pass a comma separated list:
> >
> >  updateComponents="author,genre"
> >

> --
> Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
> Tapestry / Tacos developer
> Open Source / J2EE Consulting

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer

Re: 4.1: component lists

Posted by andyhot <an...@di.uoa.gr>.