Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Josh Patterson <jo...@cloudera.com> on 2012/10/21 20:20:27 UTC

If you're at Hadoop World this year

(disclaimer: this is a conference advertisement. It's Mahout related though.)

Drop by and say hello at my talk:

http://strataconf.com/stratany2012/public/schedule/detail/25445

"Knitting Boar" - Parallel Iterative Stochastic Gradient Descent
(using parts of OLR as a base, heavily modified) on top of YARN.

See ya'll there.

JP

--
Twitter: @jpatanooga
Principal Solution Architect @ Cloudera

Re: If you're at Hadoop World this year

Posted by Anna Lahoud <an...@gmail.com>.
I see there are some meetups for other Hadoop technologies/products for
Wednesday night, like Pig and Hive and HBase. I would like to see a
gathering for Mahout users, if it is not too late in the game. This thread
went a little quiet so I thought I should throw in my two cents, for what
it's worth!

Posted by Josh Patterson <jo...@cloudera.com>.
I'm up for it. time/place?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Sounds good!

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Arthur <mu...@gmail.com>.
I signed up for table 10 for today's lunch

Sent from my phone

Posted by David Arthur <mu...@gmail.com>.