Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/15 18:32:16 UTC

Commits causing conflicts

HI all,

Over the past few weeks I am experiencing conflicts after an svn upgrade
due to commits to build.gradle. These conflicts happen not only in my dev
environment, but also in the various CIs I have testing against trunk. Each
time this happens I lose precious time to fix all this.

Can we collaborate to get something in the code repo so that these
conflicts won't happen again?

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Re: Commits causing conflicts

Posted by Nicolas Malin <ni...@nereide.fr>.
Pierre I think you workflow on your CI would be improve because I can't
understand why a svn up create a conflit only on regular change.

The conflit can appear only when you have local change and like taher
suggestn you need first update your ofbiz from a clean official copy and
after that deploy you change.

For us we win most time to use the git repository instead of the svn
repo to realize this.

Nicolas

Le 17/08/2016 � 21:55, Taher Alkhateeb a �crit :

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pierre,

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Taher,

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pierre,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I already told to Pierre that I have put in place a such process and it's documented at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Addressing+Custom+Requirements+In+OFBiz#AddressingCustomRequirementsInOFBiz-Therearealso4deploymenttargetsavailableinthemainbuild.xml.

Unfortunately we have not yet migrated these Ant targets to Gradle tasks, same for createComponent targets

If it's only changes in one file it's though easy to perform the process by hand as you explained, Jacopo

Jacques

Le 16/08/2016 � 08:34, Jacopo Cappellato a �crit :

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Also in addition to what Jacopo suggested, depending on the context of what
you are trying to do you can simply include an external script right at the
end of build.gradle and externalize all your work in there. For example
"echo apply from: 'my-script.gradle' >> build.gradle" or something like
that.

#3).

Hope it helps,