Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "Bennett, Tony - CNF" <Be...@cnf.com> on 2004/09/14 03:15:07 UTC

Must I have LDAP for apr-util ???

I am attempting to configure apr-util on AIX 5.1 & on AIX 4.3.3.

I have no need for LDAP, and have tried to use the "without" directive
but "configure" exits with
a failure stating:
	configure: error: could not find an LDAP library

Here's my configure command:

    CC="xlc_r"; export CC
    "./configure" \
    "--prefix=/usr/local/dms/apr-util-1.0.0" \
    "--enable-threads" \
    "--without-ldap" \
    "--without-ldap-include" \
    "--without-ldap-lib" \
    "--with-dbm=sdbm" \
    "--without-berkeley-db" \
    "--with-expat=/usr/local/dms/expat" \
    "--with-apr=/usr/local/dms/apr" \

Is there another means of omitting LDAP support, or is it a requirement
for apr-util ???

Thanks,
-tony

Re: Must I have LDAP for apr-util ???

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Bennett, Tony - CNF wrote:

> I have no need for LDAP, and have tried to use the "without" directive
> but "configure" exits with
> a failure stating:
>         configure: error: could not find an LDAP library
>
> Here's my configure command:
>
>     CC="xlc_r"; export CC
>     "./configure" \
>     "--prefix=/usr/local/dms/apr-util-1.0.0" \
>     "--enable-threads" \
>     "--without-ldap" \
>     "--without-ldap-include" \
>     "--without-ldap-lib" \
>     "--with-dbm=sdbm" \
>     "--without-berkeley-db" \
>     "--with-expat=/usr/local/dms/expat" \
>     "--with-apr=/usr/local/dms/apr" \

What if you leave out the ldap stuff totally?

Regards,
Graham