Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by david ford <da...@kalifornia.com> on 1998/03/21 15:46:23 UTC

general/1974: unable to create/update ScriptLog if the dir/file path is not owned by apache

>Number:         1974
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       unable to create/update ScriptLog if the dir/file path is not owned by apache
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
'tis very simple.  this is the only log file i'm aware of that encounters this condition.

i have root owned dirs for apache.  i just realised why the ScriptLog directive never worked on my machine.

apache runs as user 'httpd'.  i needed to make logs/ and logs/<file> owned by user 'httpd'

not too critical of a situation, more a matter of inconsistency as all other log files appear to be created/updated as root.
>How-To-Repeat:
n/r
>Fix:
setuid(0) when creating/writing this logfile....i won't make a patch as this is probably a one+one liner or close to it :).

-d
%0