Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Sharpe <pa...@miraclefish.com> on 2000/05/31 20:27:30 UTC

Problem validating against external DTD

I'm not sure whether this is a cocoon or a xerces issue, but the
following excerpt from my XML document

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='ISO-8859-1'?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="foo.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<!DOCTYPE summary SYSTEM "http://localhost/dtd/foo.dtd">

gives the error

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: File "http://localhost/dtd/foo.dtd" not found.
  at org.apache.cocoon.parser.AbstractParser.fatalError(AbstractParser.java)

I can retrieve the DTD from this URL and I can validate against this
DTD using xerces from the command line.

Any ideas?

paul

--
paul@miraclefish.com

Re: Problem validating against external DTD [Solved]

Posted by Paul Sharpe <pa...@miraclefish.com>.
This problem was caused due to the fact that the DTD URL required
auth.  The message

  File "http://localhost/dtd/foo.dtd" not found.

is somewhat misleading.  I'm still not sure which development team
should deal with this.

paul

--
paul@miraclefish.com