Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2015/02/12 16:17:33 UTC

[Discuss] Python Cartidge Agent (PCA) Git Module

Hi Devs,

Recently we switched PCA git module to git shell commands. Now we have
written logic to execute git commands on our own. Shall we use GitPython
library to do this. As I found GitPython supports Git authentication.

I tried following code and it works perfectly:

from git import Repo
Repo.clone_from("https://username:password@hostname/repourl.git","checkout")

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos

Re: [Discuss] Python Cartidge Agent (PCA) Git Module

Posted by Chamila De Alwis <ch...@wso2.com>.
+1

The first time GitPython was used it had some issues that were only fixed
in a beta release. However it seems to be in a new version now since
January 2015. I will do the necessary changes and open a PR.

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163
Blog: code.chamiladealwis.com