Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Bielik, Robert" <Ro...@gyros.com> on 2006/04/24 13:58:26 UTC

XInclude via SAX?

I currently use Xerces-C 2.1.0 and Xalan-C 1.0 . As neither supports XInclude, I was thinking of
doing a rudimentary implementation by inserting a SAX handler before the standard SAX handler.
Whenever I see a xi:include element, I simply open a new SAX parser with the href, and pass the
current content-handler onto that parser. Makes sense... and more importantly, would it work ? (given
constraints due to Xalan design)

TIA
/R

SV: XInclude via SAX?

Posted by "Bielik, Robert" <Ro...@gyros.com>.

	> I currently use Xerces-C 2.1.0 and Xalan-C 1.0 . As neither supports XInclude, I was thinking of
	> doing a rudimentary implementation by inserting a SAX handler before the standard SAX handler.
	> Whenever I see a xi:include element, I simply open a new SAX parser with the href, and pass the
	> current content-handler onto that parser. Makes sense... and more importantly, would it work ? (given
	> constraints due to Xalan design)

	Within certain limits. See

	http://xincluder.sourceforge.net/apidoc/com/elharo/xml/xinclude/SAXXIncluder.html

	XInclude really isn't designed for a streaming parser though.

	--
	?Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo@metalab.unc.edu

	?

Re: XInclude via SAX?