Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Alan Chandler <al...@chandlerfamily.org.uk> on 2006/01/28 21:43:05 UTC

Re: Searching Textile Documents

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 22:50, Erik Hatcher wrote:

> Well, the smiley is because my own frankenstein blog is a servlet,
> some very simple abstraction layers, velocity templates, and
> Lucene... http://www.blogscene.org/erik - though I'm a very
> infrequent blogger.  The categories are picked up using TermEnum on
> the category field.  The blog entries are stored in the index, and of
> course indexed as well.  You can subscribe to a feed for a search.
> Once upon a time I had a lot of fun building it and exploring what
> Lucene could do in the blogging world.

Based in that little encouragement, I completed my blog based on lucene.  Its
taken a bit longer that I had hoped because the need to develop another
application came up in the middle that took about a month out of the process,
but I am almost there - its in a releasable state - although there are a few
rough edges to deal with.

I have to say a database based on lucene seems very small (the directory with
most of the current articles in was about 150K bytes) and it seems to run
very fast.

URL below is where its running

--
Alan Chandler