Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by zhaogxd <zh...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/01 19:44:40 UTC

Re: [Python] python-qpid-proton 0.17.0 packages

Hi Kent,

This is great!

I was able to build and install the proton package successfully on Windows 7
based on your instructions.

For Linux, I was able to install this package successfully on Centos 7 by
executing the 'pip install python-qpid-proton' after the execution of line
15, 24 and 25 listed below. I am wondering if all dependencies listed from
the installation document are needed?

  14     # required dependencies
  15     $ yum install gcc cmake libuuid-devel
  16
  17     # dependencies needed for ssl support
  18     $ yum install openssl-devel
  19
  20     # dependencies needed for Cyrus SASL support
  21     $ yum install cyrus-sasl-devel
  22
  23     # dependencies needed for bindings
  24     $ yum install swig          # Required for all bindings
  25     $ yum install python-devel                               # Python
  26     $ yum install ruby-devel rubygem-rspec rubygem-simplecov # Ruby
  27     $ yum install pphp-devel                                 # PHP
  28     $ yum install perl-devel                                 # Perl
  29
  30     # dependencies needed for python docs
  31     $ yum install epydoc

Thanks again!

Guang

Re: [Python] python-qpid-proton 0.17.0 packages

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.

Posted by zhaogxd <zh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kent,

Glad to know that those are optional dependencies.

By the way, do you know how to make a 64bit build of proton for Python?

Thanks,

Guang

Re: [Python] python-qpid-proton 0.17.0 packages

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.
Hi Guang,

No, not all - you've got what is necessary for building the python extension.

However - if you need SSL encryption or SASL authentication over proton you'll want to install lines 18 and/or 21.  But those are optional features and are not required for the basic functionality.

Good work!

-K

> I was able to build and install the proton package successfully on Windows 7
> based on your instructions.
>
> For Linux, I was able to install this package successfully on Centos 7 by
> executing the 'pip install python-qpid-proton' after the execution of line
> 15, 24 and 25 listed below. I am wondering if all dependencies listed from
> the installation document are needed?
>
>   14     # required dependencies
>   15     $ yum install gcc cmake libuuid-devel
>   16
>   17     # dependencies needed for ssl support
>   18     $ yum install openssl-devel
>   19
>   20     # dependencies needed for Cyrus SASL support
>   21     $ yum install cyrus-sasl-devel
>   22
>   23     # dependencies needed for bindings
>   24     $ yum install swig          # Required for all bindings
>   25     $ yum install python-devel                               # Python
>   26     $ yum install ruby-devel rubygem-rspec rubygem-simplecov # Ruby
>   27     $ yum install pphp-devel                                 # PHP
>   28     $ yum install perl-devel                                 # Perl
>   29
>   30     # dependencies needed for python docs
>   31     $ yum install epydoc
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Guang

-K