Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Cristian Roldan <ro...@yahoo.com.ar> on 2005/12/24 13:28:31 UTC

Geronimo build process

Hi All,
      I had a lot of problem building geronimo from www.apacher.org documentation, can someone tell me the right steps to build geronimo ?.

  Thanks.

---------------------------------
 1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
 Abrí tu cuenta aquí

Re: Geronimo build process

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: Geronimo build process

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the catch Jacek, my bad. I copied it from a build script I had.
Yes, there is no point to do an update if you just did a checkout.

Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers!
Hernan

Re: Geronimo build process

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <el...@gmail.com>.
2006/1/4, Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>:

> 1.- svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk geronimo.06-01-04
> 2.- cd geronimo.06-01-04
> 3.- svn update

Hi,

Why do you do update right after checkout? It's unnecesary. I bet you
always end up with no files updated, don't you?

> Hernan

Jacek

Re: Geronimo build process

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cristian,
just in case you still have problems while building Geronimo from the source, here are the steps I just performed to build from the *trunk*.
These should also be valid if you build from the 1.0 branch, just change the svn URL to https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/branches/1.0/

1.- svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk geronimo.06-01-04
2.- cd geronimo.06-01-04
3.- svn update
4.- maven m:fresh-checkout
5.- maven new

HTH, Cheers!
Hernan

RE: Geronimo build process

Posted by Nicholas Irving <ni...@darkedges.com>.
Merry Christmas (well down under it is)

Yes the documentation can be a little confusing.

Here is the way I am building (assuming you have all the preq tools, Maven,
subversion, cvs)

I have a build.properties file in my user root E:\Documents and
Settings\NIrving\ as follows

maven.repo.remote=http://ibiblio.org/maven,http://cvs.apache.org/repository

That file may not be necessary, but I have it due to unresolved dependencies
not being at ibiblio.org I also have an environmental variable MAVEN_OPTS
with the following value, which seems to resolve some memory issues I was
having. This setting is for a machine with 1gig of ram.

-XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Xmx640m

This is because some of the jars required do not appear to be in ibiblio.

svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/branches/1.0/ geronimo
cd geronimo
svn update
maven -o m:fresh-checkout
maven new

if you get an error like
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Authenticator

Then take a look @
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.geronimo.devel/21312 which
mentions that you have to delete the org.apache.geronimo.specs directory
from your maven local repository.

Have to rush off to Christmas breakfast, so I hope this helps out.