Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by V SRAVANI-XPK437 <sr...@motorolasolutions.com> on 2011/07/29 08:38:48 UTC

Problem in activemq in servicemix 3.2.1

Hi,

We are using servicemix 3.2.1 version and I could see that service mix
is not responding under load conditions.

We are doing performance testing and there will be huge number of
messages sent to servicemix..

After a day or so I could see that service mix is not responding and
throwing exceptions..

Please let me know what could be the reason.

18:11:30,475 | INFO  | Timer-2    | AutoDeploymentService    |
ramework.AutoDeploymentService  648 | Directory: hotdeploy: Finished
installation of archive:  servicemix-shared-3.2.1-installer.zip

17:46:33,251 | WARN  | ActiveMQ Transport:
tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61616 | ActiveMQConnection       |
he.activemq.ActiveMQConnection 1529 | Async exception with no exception
listener: java.io.EOFException

java.io.EOFException

      at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:358)

      at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.jav
a:267)

      at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.readCommand(TcpTransport.
java:156)

      at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:136
)

      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

17:46:33,318 | WARN  | ActiveMQ Session Task | ActiveMQConnection
| he.activemq.ActiveMQConnection 1529 | Async exception with no
exception listener: javax.jms.JMSException: The transport is not
running.

javax.jms.JMSException: The transport is not running.

      at
org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.
java:58)

      at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.asyncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnectio
n.java:1157)

      at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSession.asyncSendPacket(ActiveMQSession.java
:1651)

      at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer.afterMessageIsConsumed(Activ
eMQMessageConsumer.java:679)

      at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQMessageConsumer.dispatch(ActiveMQMessageCons
umer.java:855)

      at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSessionExecutor.dispatch(ActiveMQSessionExec
utor.java:99)

      at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQSessionExecutor.iterate(ActiveMQSessionExecu
tor.java:166)

      at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.runTask(PooledTaskRunner.jav
a:117)

      at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner.access$100(PooledTaskRunner.
java:26)

      at
org.apache.activemq.thread.PooledTaskRunner$1.run(PooledTaskRunner.java:
44)

      at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)

      at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker
.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)

      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: The transport is not running.

      at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.checkStarted(TransportSup
port.java:103)

      at
org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.oneway(TcpTransport.java:
117)

      at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.oneway(InactivityMonitor
.java:141)

      at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.oneway(TransportFilter.jav
a:80)

      at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.oneway(WireFormatNego
tiator.java:93)

      at
org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.java:
47)

      at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.oneway(ResponseCorrelat
or.java:60)

      at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.asyncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnectio
n.java:1155)

      ... 11 more

> [...]

117)

      at
org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.oneway(InactivityMonitor
.java:141)

      at
org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportFilter.oneway(TransportFilter.jav
a:80)

      at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.oneway(WireFormatNego
tiator.java:93)

      at
org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.java:
47)

      at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.oneway(ResponseCorrelat
or.java:60)

      at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.asyncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnectio

17:46:33,326 | WARN  | pool-flow.seda.servicemix-wsn2005-thread-2 |
JmsPublisher             | ervicemix.wsn.jms.JmsPublisher   97 | Error
dispatching message

org.apache.activemq.ConnectionFailedException: The JMS connection has
failed: java.io.EOFException

      at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.checkClosedOrFailed(ActiveMQConne
ction.java:1234)

      at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.createSession(ActiveMQConnection.
java:275)

      at
org.apache.servicemix.wsn.jms.JmsPublisher.notify(JmsPublisher.java:88)

      at
org.apache.servicemix.wsn.AbstractNotificationBroker.handleNotify(Abstra
ctNotificationBroker.java:116)

      at
org.apache.servicemix.wsn.AbstractNotificationBroker.notify(AbstractNoti
ficationBroker.java:108)

      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor45.invoke(Unknown Source)

      at
Impl.java:25)

      at
org.apache.servicemix.wsn.component.WSNEndpoint.process(WSNEndpoint.java
:143)

      at
org.apache.servicemix.common.AsyncBaseLifeCycle.doProcess(AsyncBaseLifeC
ycle.java:538)

      at
org.apache.servicemix.common.AsyncBaseLifeCycle.processExchange(AsyncBas
eLifeCycle.java:490)

      at
org.apache.servicemix.common.BaseLifeCycle.onMessageExchange(BaseLifeCyc
le.java:46)

      at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.messaging.DeliveryChannelImpl.processInBound(D
eliveryChannelImpl.java:610)

      at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.AbstractFlow.doRouting(AbstractFlow.j
ava:170)

      at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.seda.SedaFlow.doRouting(SedaFlow.java
:167)

      at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.nmr.flow.seda.SedaQueue$1.run(SedaQueue.java:1
34)

      at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecuto
r.java:651)

      at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.ja
va:676)

      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Caused by: java.io.EOFException

Thanks&Regards

Sravani.V

RE: Problem in activemq in servicemix 3.2.1

Posted by Ramesh Babu <pr...@podar.net>.
Hi.

I am also facing same issue. Any clue?

regards,
Ramesh

RE: Problem in activemq in servicemix 3.2.1

Posted by V SRAVANI-XPK437 <sr...@nsn.com>.
Hi

Can anyone please let me know why these activemq EF exception occurs?

Thanks&Regards
Sravani.V

Posted by Lorenzo Bolzani <l....@gmail.com>.
2011/7/29 V SRAVANI-XPK437 <sr...@motorolasolutions.com>

> Hi,
>

> We are using servicemix 3.2.1 version and I could see that service mix
> is not responding under load conditions.
>

> We are doing performance testing and there will be huge number of
> messages sent to servicemix..
>
> After a day or so I could see that service mix is not responding and
> throwing exceptions..
>
> Please let me know what could be the reason.
>

> 18:11:30,475 | INFO  | Timer-2    | AutoDeploymentService    |
> ramework.AutoDeploymentService  648 | Directory: hotdeploy: Finished
> installation of archive:  servicemix-shared-3.2.1-installer.zip
>
> 17:46:33,251 | WARN  | ActiveMQ Transport:
> tcp://localhost/127.0.0.1:61616 | ActiveMQConnection       |
> he.activemq.ActiveMQConnection 1529 | Async exception with no exception
> listener: java.io.EOFException
>
> java.io.EOFException
>
>      at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:358)
>
>      at
> org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.unmarshal(OpenWireFormat.jav
> a:267)
>
>      at
> org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.readCommand(TcpTransport.
> java:156)

Hi,
this may be due to the InactivityMonitor.

This run every 10 seconds, maybe the load is too high and some connections
are "timed out".

You can configure the check delay changing the JMS url inside server.xml and
activemq.xml

tcp://localhost:61616?useInactivityMonitor=false&wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=1800000

This could be a way to fix the symptom, maybe it should be fixed an another
way.

Bye

Lorenzo