Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2015/12/29 15:56:34 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Isis Core release 1.11.0 RC1

I've cut a release for Apache Isis Core and the simpleapp archetype:

* Core 1.11.0
* SimpleApp Archetype 1.11.0

The source code artifacts have been uploaded to staging repositories on
repository.apache.org:

*
http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-1039/org/apache/isis/core/isis/1.11.0/isis-1.11.0-source-release.zip
*
http://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheisis-1040/org/apache/isis/archetype/simpleapp-archetype/1.11.0/simpleapp-archetype-1.11.0-source-release.zip

For each zip there is a corresponding signature file (append .asc to the
zip's url).

In the source code repo the code has been tagged as isis-1.11.0-RC1 and
simpleapp-archetype-1.11.0-RC1; see
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=isis.git.

For instructions on how to verify the release (build from binaries and/or
use in Maven directly), see
http://isis.apache.org/guides/cg.html#_cg_committers_verifying-releases

Please verify the release and cast your vote.  The vote will be open for a
minimum of 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ]  0
[ ] -1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Isis Core release 1.11.0 RC1

Posted by Óscar Bou - GOVERTIS <o....@govertis.com>.
+1

Regarding ISIS-1283 [1], SAFE_AND_CACHEABLE works ok also for Domain Entity instances.

The following test passes successfully; in previous Isis versions it fails on the “then” assertion:

        @Test
        public void differentDomainEntityInstances() throws Exception {

            // given
            final DomainEntity domainObject1 = this.domainObjectContainer.newTransientInstance(DomainEntity.class);

            this.wrap(domainObject1).setNumericProperty(1);

            Integer cachedValue = this.wrap(domainObject1).cachedResult();
            assertThat(cachedValue).isEqualTo(1);

            final DomainEntity domainObject2 = this.domainObjectContainer.newTransientInstance(DomainEntity.class);
            this.wrap(domainObject2).setNumericProperty(2);

            // when
            cachedValue = this.wrap(domainObject2).cachedResult();

            // then
            assertThat(cachedValue).isEqualTo(2);

        }

Thanks,

Oscar

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS-1283

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
OK, we've got four votes in and 72 hours have passed. So I'm going to close
the vote.  Will announce in separate mail.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
+1 to release!

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
My +1 too.

Thanks for that, Kevin.  I agree that it's not worth holding the release up
for, but I'll definitely take a look-see at the minor issues you've raised
for next release.

Cheers (and happy new year too!)

Dan

Posted by Kevin Meyer <ke...@kmz.co.za>.