Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Christian Kapp <c....@stud.uni-heidelberg.de> on 2011/12/01 18:05:59 UTC

Re: ResourceInitializationException in CAS Editor in eclipse indigo

> > The Descriptor is invalid for the following reason:
> > ResourceInitializationException: Annotator class
> > "org.apache.uima.tutorial.ex1.RoomNumberAnnotator" was not found(Descriptor:
> > file:/C:/uima/examples/desciptors/tutorial/ex1/RoomNumber
> > Annotator.xml)
> >
> > Caused by: ClassNotFoundExcption:
> > org.apache.uima.tutorial.ex1.RoomNumberAnnotator

I've the same problem, while I'm not using the eclipse plugin, but run the
Annotator directly with uima. When I run validateDescriptor on the XML or use
documentAnalyzer, I always get the same message.

I'm sure that the class is in the right directory.

Can anyone help me out ?

Thanks
Christian

Re: ResourceInitializationException in CAS Editor in eclipse indigo

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Make sure that the class path that you use to start the Document Analyzer
includes the class you're trying to load.

If you're starting the document analyzer from Eclipse, there's a tab in the
launcher where you can specify additional Jars and class folders...

-Marshall