Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com> on 2014/08/12 01:29:29 UTC

working howto for building cloudstack from sources

Hello guys,

I was hoping someone could share a working howto on building cloudstack from sources. In particular, I am planning to build 4.4.0 .deb packages with several cherrypicks and my build server is Ubuntu 12.04 with the latest updates.

I've followed two different howtos, both from the cloudstack website, but unfortunately, they are a bit different and they produce different errors when executing "mvn3 -P deps".

Thanks

Andrei

Re: working howto for building cloudstack from sources

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Andrei, I would use the  4.4 branch (latest 4.4.1 pre-release version)
and use the build jobs from jenkins.buildacloud.org as example on how
to build.

--
Daan

Re: working howto for building cloudstack from sources

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.
Rajani,

this is one of the documents that i've used. I can't recall the exact error. I will give it a go once again and paste the error message.

Thanks

--
~Rajani

Re: working howto for building cloudstack from sources

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org>.

--
~Rajani

Re: working howto for building cloudstack from sources

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.
Erik,

I've added the UK mirror and also disabled ipv6. As a result, have fixed the previous errors. I did have to launch the build command a few times as it was failing for various dependencies, but eventually it has successfully finished.

Thanks for your help

Andrei

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
You could try the uk mirror.

http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ove Ewerlid <Ov...@oracle.com>.
This may not apply to you, or you have already addressed this, but if
you are behind a proxy, you need to put something like this;

<settings>
   <proxies>
    <proxy>
       <active>true</active>
       <protocol>http</protocol>
       <host>#PROXYFQDN#</host>
       <port>80</port>
       <nonProxyHosts>*.oracle.com|*.oraclecorp.com</nonProxyHosts>
     </proxy>
   </proxies>
</settings>

in

  $HOME/.m2/settings.xml

replace the nonProxyHosts with what you need.

Seems you have connectivity issues.

/Ove

--
Ove Everlid
System Administrator / Architect / SDN- & Automation- & Linux-hacker

Re: working howto for building cloudstack from sources

Posted by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>.
Guys, thanks for all your suggestions. I will try it today and update on the progress.

Kind regards

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.