Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Warren Turkal <wt...@penguintechs.org> on 2011/09/12 21:35:45 UTC

Coding standard for indentation

Hey zk devs,

I was looking through some source files and found some inconsistencies in
the indentation. See org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn.EventThread for
example. It has a number of what appear to be under indented lines (7
instead of 8 spaces for the second level of indentation). Do patches that
fix that kind of problem need to go through Jira or should I just post them
to the list?

Also, what code conventions does the Zookeeper code follow as a general
rule? If it's documented somewhere, I'd like to create an eclipse formatting
config for it.

Thanks,
wt

RE: Coding standard for indentation

Posted by "Fournier, Camille F." <Ca...@gs.com>.
I think the major conventions are listed on the wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/HowToContribute

Mostly just indentation, and follow the style of the class you are modifying.
I personally do not like to see checkins to merely fix indentation issues, as they muddy the commit history. But all patches should go through the Jira, regardless.