Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Florian Bruckner <bf...@florianbruckner.com> on 2003/01/30 05:04:15 UTC

WG: reversedb updated

Hi,

I just finished integrating Anthony's changes, so reversedb is now capable
to output 0.9 XML. I also did some bugfixing/restructureing in the revesre
engineering code. Reversedb should now work with more databases, I did some
quick tests with the following databases:
- Informix IDS 9 with Informix JDBC (9.21JC2, 9.21JC3)
- Oracle 8.1.7 and 9.2.0 with Oracle JDBC (9.2.0)
- IBM UDB 7.2 with IBM Type 3 JDBC driver (7.02)
- Mysql 3.23 with mm.mysql JDBC (2.something)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Microsoft JDBC driver

If you have a database system that is not listed please give it a try and
report your results to this list. Making reversedb work with as many
databases as possible will not be possible without your help.

What also needs some investigation is the XML output of reversedb. The XML
validates against the DTD, so its syntax should be ok. What I haven't been
able to check is whether the sematics are ok, i.e. the XML output works as
intended with OJB.

best regards,
Florian

| citec.at                                 |
| Software Application Development         |
| Sonnleithnergasse 2/13                   |
| A-1100 Wien                              |
| Email: florian.bruckner@citec.at         |
| Fon: +43 (1) 920 45 49                   |
| Fax: +43 (1) 920 45 49                   |
| Mob: +43 (699) 102 53 901                |