Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Aliyar, Nishar" <ni...@schema.de> on 2002/09/03 14:43:50 UTC

Problem with Portlet and JSP

Hai All,
 I got a problem with Portlet and JSP. I wrote a Portlet which disply a jsp like this

public ConcreteElement getContent(RunData data){

     try{

      return (new EcsServletElement(data,"WEB-INF/my-jsp/CreateLdapRoleGuiJsp.jsp"));
      }
      catch(Exception ee){

            ee.printStackTrace();
      }
}

okai portlet is abple to disply CreateLdapRoleGuiJsp.jsp and my CreateLdapRoleGuiJsp.jsp is like :

<form method="post" action="Test2.jsp">
<input type="text" name="name">
<input type="submit" value="Create Role">
</form>

but when click the button it won't go to Test2.jsp , I placed the Test2.jsp with the
CreateLdapRoleGuiJsp.jsp (I mean in the same folder)
whats wrong here dears,

Greetings,
Nishar.

RE: Problem with Portlet and JSP

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
Nishar,

First, I would make use of JspPortlet rather than create a portlet class
(unless you have any special reasons to do so).

Second, you may use the following tag in your action (assuming thatTest2.jsp
is located on the template search path):

<jetspeed:link template="Test2.jsp" />

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch