Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Jeroen Hoek <je...@lable.org> on 2014/03/20 11:12:10 UTC

Debugging LDAP connection?

Hello,

With Archiva 2.0.0 (standalone) I can connect to my LDAP-server, but
in the LDAP/Roles Mapping tab no groups are found in the search field.
If I run ldapsearch from the Archiva host, I do see all the groups.

BaseDN for groups is set to "ou=group,dc=lable,dc=org".
Running ldapsearch -h HOST -p PORT -x -b "ou=group,dc=lable,dc=org"
from the host's CLI yields the groups as expected (all objectClass:
posixGroup).

What is the best way to debug the LDAP settings? Am I overlooking something?

--
Kind regards,

Jeroen Hoek

Re: Debugging LDAP connection?

Posted by Jeroen Hoek <je...@lable.org>.
Thanks.

We have managed to track the issue to the group queries Redback does.
It looks for objectClass=
groupOfUniqueNames, but our LDAP uses objectClass=posixGroup with memberUids.

We have patched Redback 2.2 to be configurable in this respect, and it
works now. :)

I will submit a patch after testing with Archiva 2.0.1.

> especially here:
> https://github.com/apache/redback-core/tree/trunk/redback-common/redback-common-ldap/src/main/java/org/apache/archiva/redback/common/ldap/role
>
> maybe having the package org.apache.archiva.redback.common.ldap in debug
> mode can help.
>
> You can have a look here
> https://github.com/apache/redback-core/tree/trunk/redback-rbac/redback-rbac-providers/redback-rbac-ldap/src/main/java/org/apache/archiva/redback/rbac/ldap
>

> On 20 March 2014 22:17, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> most of the code related to ldap is located in some modules here:
>> https://github.com/apache/redback-core
>>

>> On 20 March 2014 21:12, Jeroen Hoek <je...@lable.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> With Archiva 2.0.0 (standalone) I can connect to my LDAP-server, but
>>> in the LDAP/Roles Mapping tab no groups are found in the search field.
>>> If I run ldapsearch from the Archiva host, I do see all the groups.
>>>
>>> BaseDN for groups is set to "ou=group,dc=lable,dc=org".
>>> Running ldapsearch -h HOST -p PORT -x -b "ou=group,dc=lable,dc=org"
>>> from the host's CLI yields the groups as expected (all objectClass:
>>> posixGroup).
>>>
>>> What is the best way to debug the LDAP settings? Am I overlooking
>>> something?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Kind regards,
>>>
>>> Jeroen Hoek
>>>

>> --
>> Olivier Lamy
>> Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

> Olivier Lamy
> Ecetera: http://ecetera.com.au

Vriendelijke groeten,

Jeroen Hoek

Lable
✉ jeroen@lable.org
℡ 088 44 20 202

http://lable.org
KvK № 55984037
BTW № NL8519.32.411.B.01

Re: Debugging LDAP connection?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
especially here:
https://github.com/apache/redback-core/tree/trunk/redback-common/redback-common-ldap/src/main/java/org/apache/archiva/redback/common/ldap/role

maybe having the package org.apache.archiva.redback.common.ldap in debug
mode can help.

You can have a look here
https://github.com/apache/redback-core/tree/trunk/redback-rbac/redback-rbac-providers/redback-rbac-ldap/src/main/java/org/apache/archiva/redback/rbac/ldap

On 20 March 2014 22:17, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> most of the code related to ldap is located in some modules here:
> https://github.com/apache/redback-core
>

> On 20 March 2014 21:12, Jeroen Hoek <je...@lable.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> With Archiva 2.0.0 (standalone) I can connect to my LDAP-server, but
>> in the LDAP/Roles Mapping tab no groups are found in the search field.
>> If I run ldapsearch from the Archiva host, I do see all the groups.
>>
>> BaseDN for groups is set to "ou=group,dc=lable,dc=org".
>> Running ldapsearch -h HOST -p PORT -x -b "ou=group,dc=lable,dc=org"
>> from the host's CLI yields the groups as expected (all objectClass:
>> posixGroup).
>>
>> What is the best way to debug the LDAP settings? Am I overlooking
>> something?
>>
>> --
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Jeroen Hoek