Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Pratik Machchar <pr...@elitecore.com> on 2000/09/04 14:18:06 UTC

Cocoon desing /Implimentaion Question

Dear Friends,
I want to develop a application using Tomcat/Cocoon.
Basically I want to use Cocoon for code View Separation.
My application generates data based on user request and produce some output.
Now as I don't know much about Cocoon.
I have few doubts about design of My application and that is which approach is to use.

I have following approaches in my mind.
1)    Based on user request Dynamically generate XML data (which conation xslt) and forward that request to cocoon for further             processing
    now problem with this approach is how to forward my request to cocoon?
2)    Generate A Xml File per report on some specific period
        and use XSLT for further filtering of data .
        problem with this approach is that
        -       This will increase my xml file size a lot and
                May my application become slow.
        -This May make My XSLT complex.
        - and I need to use reference of same data xml for different reports and import it every time and use different XSL per report
3) Use SQL XSP taglib
    -this seems me the right way
    -but no concrete examples available and how powerful this is that I don't know

Dear friends
Thanks for reading this mail.
If any other way is possible ?
does I am missing something?