Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Wouter Cloetens <wc...@raleigh.ibm.com> on 2000/11/29 02:03:05 UTC

Re: Classpath Configuration??

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:53:27 -0800, William Heinrichs wrote:

>I just subscribed to the group.

Please use the soap-user forum for this type of question... And
reconfigure your mail client to send normal messages instead of
text/enriched attachments.

Yes, on http://archive.covalent.net/.

>Here is the error from the client:

><bigger>The markup in the document preceding the root element must be
>well-formed.
> at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1240)

>There error from the server leads me to believe my classpath is not
>configured correctly.

No, it does that when the response is not a SOAP response. (Until
today, that is, the code I just checked in will return an appropriate
exception instead). In this case, the response is an HTML document
returned by the server:

> The server error is:

>java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
>        at org.apache.soap.util.xml.QName.<<init>(QName.java:80)

Now that does look like a classpath problem, on the server side. It'll
do that if there's another DOM parser in the classpath before
xerces.jar, or if you're not using version 1.1 of Xerces.

bfn, Wouter
--
http://www.workspot.net/~zombie/soap/
My opinions are irrelevant. They will be assimilated by my employer.

Re: Classpath Configuration??

Posted by Glen Daniels <gd...@allaire.com>.
> >Is there a searchable listing of past posts available.
>
> Yes, on http://archive.covalent.net/.

Just FYI, those archives are *not* in fact searchable at present.  I'm
hoping (cross fingers, gaze towards the heavens, etc.) that we get this
capability sometime in the not-too-distant future.  Mailing list archives
without search are of limited utility.

--Glen

Re: Classpath Configuration??

Posted by Glen Daniels <gd...@allaire.com>.

Posted by William Heinrichs <wi...@jpl.nasa.gov>.

Thanks,

It was a versioning problem afterall. XML4J-3_0_0 apparently is built from
xerces 1.0.3, and XML4J-3_1_0 is built from xerces 1.2.0. I am up & running
with the latest version.

	Bill

PS. Any way this information can be placed into the FAQ?

Body Entries

Posted by William Chuong <wc...@3inetworks.com>.
Would someone happen to have an example for setting body entries in SOAP?  I
couldn't find any examples on the homepage.  Thanks.

William

Body Entries

Posted by William Chuong <wc...@3inetworks.com>.

Posted by William Chuong <wc...@3inetworks.com>.