Posted to dev@seatunnel.apache.org by CalvinKirs <ac...@163.com> on 2022/12/27 10:01:01 UTC

[DISCUSS]SeaTunnel Engine name

Hi,

It has been several months since the release of our SeaTunnel engine, and these days, we will also release the GA version of the SeaTunnel engine, namely 2.3.0. Please allow me to express my thanks to everyone here, but at the same time, we have been Call it SeaTunnel engine, which has caused some confusion for some users, does SeaTunnel engine mean Spark or Flink, etc., so I propose a name for our new engine, I want to name it Zeta, which comes from Zeta Ophiuchi.

Zeta Ophiuchi (ζ Oph) is a hot blue subgiant star located 366 light-years away in the constellation Ophiuchus. With an apparent magnitude of 2.57, it is the third brightest star in the constellation, after Rasalhague and Sabik. Zeta Ophiuchi is the nearest O-type star to the Sun. It is one of the bright stars that outline the polygonal constellation figure of the celestial Serpent Bearer.

Zeta Ophiuchi is an exceptionally fast spinner, with a projected rotational velocity of up to 400 km/s.

Our journey is the sea of stars, and the SeaTunnel engine (zeta) is the stars. It is just one word: fast, and it is also the biggest feature of our engine

What do you think?

Best wishes!
Calvin Kirs

Re: Re: [DISCUSS]SeaTunnel Engine name

Posted by "william-guowei@qq.com.INVALID" <wi...@qq.com.INVALID>.
+1

 Zeta has a good star name and it has a good meaning.

I also know a cartoon called Ultraman Zeta which is very popular all over the world.

Apache Software Foundation Member, Apache DolphinScheduler PMC
Apache SeaTunnel(Incubating) Mentor
William Kwok
GuoWei@Apache.org
https://www.linkedin.com/in/williamk2000/