Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by David Reid <dr...@jetnet.co.uk> on 2000/01/15 14:09:37 UTC

Building 2.0?

Just updated from CVS and when I try to run buildconf I get an error about
build/build.mk not being found.  Have things changed again?

david

Re: Building 2.0?

Posted by Sascha Schumann <sa...@schumann.cx>.
On Sat, Jan 15, 2000 at 05:34:19PM -0600, Manoj Kasichainula wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2000 at 02:15:38PM +0100, Sascha Schumann wrote:
> >     You need to run
> >
> >     $ cvs update -dP
>
> In fact, this should be your default. Add:
>
> update -Pd
>
> to your ~/.cvsrc

    That's right, if you use only apache-x.x and similar
    repositories. One exception is where you have one repository
    with a set of hundreds of directories and you need only a
    subset of these for a specific CVS module. `cvs update -d'
    will cause all directories to be checked out which is not
    always the desired result. That's why I generally don't
    recommened to put "upd -dP" in the .cvsrc file.

                            Sascha Schumann
                                 Consultant

Re: Building 2.0?

Posted by Manoj Kasichainula <ma...@io.com>.

Re: Building 2.0?

Posted by David Reid <ab...@dial.pipex.com>.
Ta.

Re: Building 2.0?

Posted by Sascha Schumann <sa...@schumann.cx>.
On Sat, Jan 15, 2000 at 01:09:37PM -0000, David Reid wrote:
> Just updated from CVS and when I try to run buildconf I get an error about
> build/build.mk not being found.  Have things changed again?
>
> david

    You need to run

    $ cvs update -dP

    For more information, see