Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by Raffael Herzog <he...@raffael.ch> on 2008/12/12 17:02:52 UTC

HiveMind 1.2

Hi,

Is there any roadmap for HiveMind 1.2? What was planned? What has been done
already? I mean, besides cleaning up Jira ... ;)

If there isn't anything like that it would be nice, if someone who
knows/remembers those things could write a wiki page on that.

Cheers,
   Raffi

--
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is
no difference, but in practice, there is.

herzog@raffael.ch · Jabber: herzog@raffael.ch
PGP Key 0x5FFDB5DB5D1FF5F4 · http://keyserver.pgp.com

Re: HiveMind 1.2

Posted by Johan Lindquist <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>.
Hi,

Updating/testing Hivemind with newer/latest versions of 3rd party
libraries is definately a good idea.  And I guess not just Javassist but
also Spring, Groovy etc should probably be tested as part of this.

This, together with some of the bug fixes already lined up & updating
the website with to be in Maven format would, in my opinion, make a good
candidate for a 1.2 release - I don't think it has be to more than that.

If nothing else, to simply get the momentum up (and provide some relief
to those who think the project is not active and therefore look
elsewhere for solutions). :)

Then the rest of the features in JIRA could constitute the 1.3
candidate, and perhaps moving all the docs to the WIKI - cause a common
complaint is as we all know the docs - the WIKI would help alleviate
this somewhat.

What say you out there? :)

Cheers,

Johan

--
you too?

Re: HiveMind 1.2

Posted by Jochen Zimmermann <ze...@gmx.de>.
Hi!

I'm not missing any functionality, it just feels a bit uncomfortable that
there is no active development.

As I wrote more than once now, in my team I am not in a position to make
decisions all alone, so I had some controversy about using Hivemind or not.
People ask questions like: "what if Hivemind makes trouble (for example
because of a newer Java Version), do we have enough knowledge about Hivemind
and (perhaps more important) enough time to handle this alone?"

We use it and are happy with its functionality, but it is a weak point and
we have a point "check the Spring Framework doing the job of Hivemind" on
our TO-DO list (fortunately in the part that is labeled with "if we have
time" ;-)

So what about maintenance? Update Hivemind and test it to work with the
newest versions of for example javassist?
This could be on a roadmap.

Regards,
Jochen

Posted by Johan Lindquist <jo...@kawoo.co.uk>.