Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Martin Pernollet <mp...@octo.com> on 2015/07/01 15:05:53 UTC

EXPLAIN has similar output for filters on indexed and non indexed column

Hi,

I want to perform :
SELECT * FROM "table" where "family"."column1" = 'value'

Running an EXPLAIN on this request before creating an index on a column
gives :

CLIENT PARALLEL 1-WAY FULL SCAN OVER table
  SERVER FILTER BY family.column1 = 'value'

Looks OK.
Then I simply :
CREATE INDEX "table_IDX_column1" on "table" ("family"."column1");

Following requests using a filter on indexed column are definitely faster.

However, when *running EXPLAIN again I have exactly the same output*
mentioning a full scan.

I am not familiar with Phoenix explain plan, but I would expect 1 GET on
the index table, and then 1 get in my main table. Isn't it?