Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Chengwei Yang <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/12 10:10:08 UTC

If supervisor fail and will not be restarted

Hi List,

I see the storm fault-tolerance page said that the storm supervisor is
stateless and so as it can be just restarted after fail.

I'm wondering if the fail supervisor will not be restarted, what will
happening? Is the only side-effect is that the nimbus can not ask the
*failed* supervisor to start worker anymore, so some kind of wast of
resource, is this true? Does it hurt current running worker?

Chengwei

Re: If supervisor fail and will not be restarted

Posted by Chengwei Yang <ch...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 05:25:32PM +0530, Srinath C wrote:
> The current running workers will not get affected but if any of the worker
> processes crash, they will not get relaunched - basically the topology will
> remain disfunctional until the supervisor is started again and it re-spawns the
> worker process.

Yeah, thanks, the situation I suppose is the worker alive, but the
supervisor died, so there is no need to re-launch worker process[es].
What will be hurt if I left the supervisor dead?

Chengwei

Posted by Srinath C <sr...@gmail.com>.