Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@apache.org> on 2003/11/11 18:57:52 UTC

SPAM and CHANGES [was: the wheel of httpd-dev]

Here is a simple suggestion; does anyone mind if I run CHANGES in 1.3,
2.0 and 2.1 through the following filter?

perl -e "while(<stdin>){s#(<[^ @>]*)@([^ @>]*>)#$1 $2#g;print $_;}"

instead of [William Rowe <wr...@apache.org>] I end up with something
like [William Rowe <wrowe apache.org>]

Anyone can figure this out, but the bots won't.  Specific harvesting isn't
prevented, but the general harvesting, that most of us are victims of, would be.

Bill

Re: SPAM and CHANGES [was: the wheel of httpd-dev]

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <la...@hyperreal.org>.
According to William A. Rowe, Jr.:

> Here is a simple suggestion; does anyone mind if I run CHANGES in 1.3,
> 2.0 and 2.1 through the following filter?
>
> perl -e "while(<stdin>){s#(<[^ @>]*)@([^ @>]*>)#$1 $2#g;print $_;}"

+1

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht            - Never put off until tomorrow what you can
lars@hyperreal.org          - do the day after tomorrow. (Mark Twain)

Re: SPAM and CHANGES [was: the wheel of httpd-dev]

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> instead of [William Rowe <wr...@apache.org>] I end up with something
> like [William Rowe <wrowe apache.org>]

fine with me if you remove the @ sign by whatever mechanism...  cvs diff can
help you whether or not that one-liner did the trick