Posted to dev@zipkin.apache.org by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com> on 2019/03/21 06:56:30 UTC

Re: [HELP WANTED] Apache Zipkin (incubating) needs Spark gurus

Are there specific questions you have? Might be easier to post them here
also.

Posted by Adrian Cole <ad...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply, Xin!

So the question that has been haunting us recently is people saying
that when they run our job in a cluster, it only ends up running on
one node. We may have something wrong, but it would be nice to know
how to verify if this is the case or not. Ex simplest test setup.
Ideally we can end with a testcontainers test to prove all jobs run
distributed. for now, having someone who knows what they are doing
help validate this issue would be of great benefit.

Ex I made a pull request as I only really know how to run simple
setup. The user claims the job doesn't work on multiple nodes and it
would be nice to know if this is true or if it is a setup or version
mismatch or something else.
https://github.com/openzipkin/zipkin-dependencies/pull/133

-A