Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Brady Moritz <br...@moritzdesigns.com> on 2001/08/23 08:58:48 UTC

db vs. file

Apologize if this is an over-asked question, but is using a db server
(mostly just for the smtp spool) a big perfomance hit compared to a
filesystem spool? Im considering using posgres on a linux box.

Thanks

Brady Moritz

RE: db vs. file/ other stuff

Posted by Brady Moritz <br...@moritzdesigns.com>.
What can I say, must be reading my mind again. Thanks once more, Serge.
Although Im not a drinker, I'll buy yah a beer if you are ever in the
Houston area ;)

Brady

RE: db vs. file/ other stuff

Posted by Brady Moritz <br...@moritzdesigns.com>.
Serge, thanks once more for the input.

I guess I'll go ahead and ask the group for any pointers on what I am am
considering using james for. The basic function will be to attach a small
trailer to every message going through the smtp server, yes kindof like
those annoying ads that hotmail and others use, but this is to be utilized
by a non-profit organization. What  I am going to need to figure out is the
simplest way to handle a number of message mime types, from plain ol text to

Re: db vs. file