Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Percy Christian <pe...@manpowerandconsulting.com> on 2002/03/13 17:54:49 UTC

Where is the public setCategoryFactory method of the Hierarchy class

Hi,

I was using Log4J 1.1.3 and I had to extend a lot of classes to implement
the features which I needed.
In the Hierarchy class the was a method to preset the default Category
Factory class (setCategoryFactory).
This method seems to have disappeared in 1.2 (drop in compatible?).
I would be able to live with setLoggerFactory in the LoggerRepository
interface and thus in the Hierarchy class.
Or is there another way to asure that when someone invokes
Logger.getLogger("MyName") That it creates a Logger of the correct class (so
not Logger but MyLogger)

Thanks for any solution.