Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2016/09/10 19:15:58 UTC

"Anonymous" PRs

Hi all,

we’re seeing a fair number of PRs with the following information:

	Commit:     GitHub <no...@github.com>
	CommitDate: Fri Sep 9 10:36:17 2016 -0500

This is not cool, please make sure that you put your name / email address properly into your Github profile, and makes sure all commits are attributed properly. If you need help with setting this up, ask on IRC, or email here.

Thanks,

— leif

Re: "Anonymous" PRs

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.
> On Sep 10, 2016, at 12:23 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Sep 10, 2016, at 1:15 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> we’re seeing a fair number of PRs with the following information:
>>
>> 	Commit:     GitHub <no...@github.com>
>> 	CommitDate: Fri Sep 9 10:36:17 2016 -0500
>>

>> This is not cool, please make sure that you put your name / email address properly into your Github profile, and makes sure all commits are attributed properly. If you need help with setting this up, ask on IRC, or email here.
>

> Hmmm, maybe this is me being stupid, and this is expected on the merge messages.  But regardless, please make sure you have the right email addresses setup :).

These are github merge commits, not sure if there is any way to get the committer metadata set correctly. Does github have an option to rebase? The history on master is really crummy now …

Re: "Anonymous" PRs

Posted by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org>.
I can't look now, but these are the merges, right? I think this is expected.

Re: "Anonymous" PRs

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.