Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by "Clay B." <cw...@clayb.net> on 2018/04/30 01:44:39 UTC

Oozie Presentation - New Features Overview and Ambari GUI

Hi Oozie Users,

Recently the ever productive Artem Ervits[1] and I presented at DataWorks
Summit Berlin on some of the recent Oozie community work. We focused on new
features to Oozie and the Ambari Workflow Manager for building and managing
Oozie workflows all within a GUI.

To see our slides, please see:
http://bit.ly/DataWorks_Breathing_New_Life_into_Oozie

Also, if of interest, please see more from my past year's presentations:
* HBase and Oozie[2] (specifically ideas around using HBase delegation
   tokens in Java actions and using Oozie as a controlled privilege
   escalation for HBase export snapshot)
* Continuous delivery with Oozie (particularly ideas around
   OOZIE-2877)[3].

Cheers,
Clay

[1]: Artem Ervits:
* JIRAs: http://bit.ly/artems_oozie_jiras
* LinkedIn: https://twitter.com/dbist/status/987160309264801792
* Tweet of the event: https://twitter.com/dbist/status/987160309264801792
(This is only half the audience and does not include the folks standing too!)

[2]: DataWorks Summit San Jose 2017: "Multitenancy At Bloomberg - HBase and
Oozie":
Slides: http://bit.ly/DataWorks_Multitenancy_at_Bloomberg
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPCA1ZTitQk

[3]: Apache: Big Data North America 2017: "Cluster Continuous Delivery with
Oozie":
Slides: http://bit.ly/ApacheCon_Cluster_Continuous_Delivery_with_Oozie

Re: Oozie Presentation - New Features Overview and Ambari GUI

Posted by Andras Piros <an...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Clay, nice job!

Especially good to see how Oozie can be used for cluster deployment - never
would have thought of it.

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
 Good work Clay!

Posted by Peter Cseh <ge...@cloudera.com>.