Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jonathan Lasko <jo...@nist.gov> on 2005/01/28 16:57:44 UTC

total number of (unique) terms in the index

I'm looking for the total number of unique terms in the index.  I see
that I can get a TermEnum of all the terms in the index, but what is the
fastest way to get the total number of terms?

Jonathan

Re: total number of (unique) terms in the index

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I don't think there is a direct way to get the number of (unique) terms
in the index, so yes, I think you'll have to loop through TermEnum and
count.

Otis