Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/20 15:03:18 UTC

Re: BDB contrib update

hi alex,

On 10/20/05, Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was wondering if the bdb-contrib author/mentainers are considering to upgrade it to 2.0.83. As
> pointed in the changelog of this version [1] there are quite a few benefits for doing it, and the
> API changes are minimal (at least this is the first impression :-)).

does the code need to be changed? did you try using the current implementation
with the berkeleydb 2.0.83 jar? if there are any changes required in
current code
please send a patch.

the bdb dependency in the project.xml refers to version 1.7.1 as this
is the most recent
version available on ibiblio.

cheers
stefan

Re: BDB contrib update

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.
#: Fabrizio Giustina changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/20/2005 8:02 PM :#
> On 10/20/05, Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> as for the dependency in the project.xml: i will update it to point to a
>> newer berkeleydb je release as soon as there's one available on
>> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/berkeleydb/jars/.
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVENUPLOAD-558
>
> ... and it seems that it will not require any change in the PM code,
> just need to be tested
>
> cheers
> fabrizio

I have start using it ... for a couple of hours. So far no problems ;-).

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Re: BDB contrib update

Posted by Fabrizio Giustina <fg...@gmail.com>.

Re: BDB contrib update

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@gmail.com>.
On 10/20/05, Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> #: Stefan Guggisberg changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  10/20/2005 3:03 PM :#
> > hi alex,
> >
> > On 10/20/05, Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I was wondering if the bdb-contrib author/mentainers are considering to upgrade it to 2.0.83. As
> >> pointed in the changelog of this version [1] there are quite a few benefits for doing it, and the
> >> API changes are minimal (at least this is the first impression :-)).
> >
> > does the code need to be changed? did you try using the current implementation
> > with the berkeleydb 2.0.83 jar? if there are any changes required in
> > current code
> > please send a patch.
> >
> > the bdb dependency in the project.xml refers to version 1.7.1 as this
> > is the most recent
> > version available on ibiblio.
> >
> > cheers
> > stefan
> >

> Should I read in the above that I am encouraged to try this out? In case it is a successful try
> should I understand that you might be considering it? I am just trying to set my priorities ;-).

i tried to encourage you to try using berkleydb je 2.0.83 with the current
BerkeleyDBPersistenceManager implementation and report your findings.
i would assume that version 2.0.83 is backwards compatible with version
1.7.1 so there would be no changes in the code required.

Re: BDB contrib update

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <th...@gmail.com>.