Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by "Gupta, Shivam" <sh...@hp.com> on 2008/10/15 12:59:19 UTC

REST support on Axis2/C

Hello,

    I have been trying to invoke the echo web service supplied with Axis2/C using REST based invocation. When I try using the echo_rest client, the service responds just fine.

   However, when I try to invoke the echo web sercvice using a web browser, I get no response from the Axis. The browser just hangs in a wait state. Could you tell me what could possibly be going wrong? I entered the following query styring in the URL window of the browser:

   http://172.31.24.18:2106/axis2c/services/echo/echoString?text='hello'

    It would be great if you could help me here.

Thanks,
Shivam.

Re: REST support on Axis2/C

Posted by Uthaiyashankar <sh...@wso2.com>.
Gupta, Shivam wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    Yes I have. Infact, if I haven't enabled it, even the echo_rest client should not have worked.

If you are using echo service from current trunk, only POST method is
enabled in service.xml. So, echo_rest client will work(by default it
will do POST) but not the invocation from browser. As samisa said, you
have to enable GET method in service.xml of echo service and then try.

If you can capture the message using tcpmon, then you can see whether
client is doing POST or GET. If it is GET, then if you could attach the
messages, we could be able to find the problem.

Regards,
Shankar.

> Please help.
>
> Thanks,
> Shivam.

S.Uthaiyashankar
Software Architect
WSO2 Inc.

Re: REST support on Axis2/C

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
It could be that the XML parser is looking at the accept charset and
trying to change the character set and failing? It shouldn't of course (as
this is a content negotiation thing it should just do what it knows).

Anyway, hopefully this helps ..

Sanjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/

Re: REST support on Axis2/C

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

Re: REST support on Axis2/C

Posted by Uthaiyashankar <sh...@wso2.com>.
By the way, correct url is

Re: REST support on Axis2/C

Posted by Uthaiyashankar <sh...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

RE: REST support on Axis2/C

Re: REST support on Axis2/C

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

RE: REST support on Axis2/C

Posted by "Gupta, Shivam" <sh...@hp.com>.
Hi,

   Yes I have. Infact, if I haven't enabled it, even the echo_rest client should not have worked. Please help.

Thanks,
Shivam.

Re: REST support on Axis2/C

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.