Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/06 23:28:11 UTC

Better Maven plugins for Tomcat remote hot deployment?

This might be more of a Tomcat question but then again, I'm mostly
interested in Maven plugins for Tomcat. For remote deployment, both
Cargo and Tomcat plugin use and integrate with Tomcat's manager
application which is dog slow as it can only deploy the full war over
http and happily shuts down the context right at the beginning of the
upload. Since most of the time, it's only my own application code that
changes, I'd like to do two things to minimize downtime of the
application: a) Deploy a skinny war and dependent libs separately and
b) deploy over scp to a temp dir, then move the war to the right
place. So before I go and hack up something together myself, I'll just
ask if anybody has done anything similar and/or know of any scripts or
plugins that would do this? It wouldn't seem too difficult to write up
an Ant script or just plain old Java code to achieve the goals. If
there is a similar utility available for Jetty, I wouldn't mind
switching.

Kalle