Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Ranjan Banerjee <rb...@wisc.edu> on 2012/04/17 02:56:32 UTC

Warning in running mapreduce jobs

Hello,
  I am running the default map reduce  job (word count) in Hadoop. The job runs fine and I am able to delve into the statistics. However I get a warning as follows
"No job jar file set.  User classes may not be found. See JobConf(Class) or JobConf#setJar(String)."
  Also I set the following parameter in the core-site.xml

<property>
  <name>mapred.map.tasks</name>
  <value>2</value>
  <description>The default number of map tasks per job.  Typically set
  to a prime several times greater than number of available hosts.
  Ignored when mapred.job.tracker is "local".
  </description>
</property>
However I still get only one map task and not two. Can someone suggest the solution to this problem.

Thanking you

Yours faithfully
Ranjan Banerjee

Re: Warning in running mapreduce jobs

Posted by Ranjan Banerjee <rb...@wisc.edu>.
My input is a common text file taken off the web.

Regards
Ranjan

Posted by Niels Basjes <ni...@basj.es>.

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Ensure you have a Job/JobConf.setJar (or setJarByClass) call in your
Driver, before launching the job.

--
Harsh J