Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Olivier Heintz <ho...@nereide.biz> on 2012/11/04 09:58:33 UTC

portletWidget branch is ready to merge to trunk

Hi,

Most of previously planned job is done on portletWidget.

Detail of what is done is in the JIRA sub-task of

Currently, most of code modifications are prefixed by << #Bam#
LabelOfModification >> and suffixed by << #Eam# LabelOfModification >>
These comments have been added to facilitate code review or debug if
regression is detected for tester.

At the user level, it's possible to test
A) in the example component, to show portlet works and the "classical
Portal page" proposed and by reading help to having detailed on howto
use portlet and new show-portlet link.
B) in Party,  I have migrate all Party Profile screenlet to "new"
portlet to give a clear usage of it. There is a new menu entry which is
PartyMgmt PortalPage
The goal is to replace the current Party Profile Portal page and so
remove all screens and forms associated to current screenlet.

To be able to have a correct test phase, I propose :
1) to merge branch to trunk
2) users, contributors, maintainers and others use example and Party
(and so test) during 1,2 or more weeks
3) corrections and change are done if needed
4) when it seems ok for all I proposed, I will do some JIRA
4.1) to clean all #Bam# and #Eam#
4.2) to clean Screens, Forms, Menus of no more used ofbiz screenlet (to
be sure to continue to slim-down ;-)

During the test period, I continue some task, like cleaning code related
to genericPortlet which is not used

Olivier

Re: portletWidget branch is ready to merge to trunk

Posted by Tom Burns <tr...@yahoo.com>.
Scott,

To save you time I recommend you look at:
1. Requirements and design attached in OFBiz 4941 in helppdf.zip

2. Test implementation at https://54.243.213.35:8443/humanres/control/main where you can perform functional test against the use cases.
3. The code

4. The thread with Q&A on the implementation at http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/OFBIZ-4941-tc4637418.html

Tom

________________________________
From: "Scott Gray" <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Scott Gray" <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

From: "Scott Gray" <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Olivier Heintz <ho...@nereide.biz>.
Le 14/11/2012 21:36, Scott Gray a écrit :
> Hi Olivier,
>
> Where can I find some information about this effort?  i.e. goals, design, implementation etc.
>
> I assume it was discussed or documented somewhere at some point.
Main point are in JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4742
and in sub Jira
and there are a lot of details included in ofbiz help as development help

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Olivier,

Posted by Olivier Heintz <ho...@nereide.biz>.
Hi,