Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Leo Davis <ld...@fonix.com> on 2004/10/01 21:14:57 UTC

Python special characters in repository names makes hot-backup.py fail

Here's my patch to work fix this problem.

Re: Python special characters in repository names makes hot-backup.py fail

Posted by Michael W Thelen <th...@cs.utah.edu>.
Leo Davis wrote:
> Here's my patch to work fix this problem.

Would you be willing to repost the patch in the unified diff format
given by "svn diff", and with a log message as specified in
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/HACKING ?  You'll probably find
more people willing to review the patch if you do that.

I don't know Python too well, so I can't provide much feedback.  But I
did notice you're escaping all the special characters one by one... does
Python have something to do that automagically, like "quotemeta" in Perl?

--
Michael W Thelen
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with