Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/14 14:47:26 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.4.0

Hi all,

Its time for the 0.4.0 Qpid JMS client release, now that Proton 0.10
is available. I have put together a first spin, please test it and
vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.4.0-rc1/

Those files and the other maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1043

Regards,
Robbie

P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src,
or your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access
the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1043</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
    <version>0.4.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.4.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Making my +1 explicit.

I gave things a kick of the tyres as follows:
- Verified the sigs and checksums.
- Checked the LICENCE and NOTICE files are present and look ok.
- Verified licence headers in src archive using: mvn apache-rat:check.
- Ran the build+tests from the src archive, all passed.
- Ran the HelloWorld example from the bin archive (using the staging
repo files for the deps) against the Qpid C++ 0.34, Qpid Java 0.32,
and ActiveMQ 5.12 brokers.

Robbie

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
+1

I tested it against the C++ / MRG-M broker and everything seems to work
fine.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.