Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jerry Cwiklik <cw...@apache.org> on 2019/03/15 17:53:23 UTC

[VOTE] UIMA-DUCC 3.0.0 RC4

Hi,

the UIMA-DUCC v.3.0.0 release candidate 4 is ready for voting.

This version contains 4 changes since RC3:

- Pullservice not providing virtual IP to JD when running in sim mode
- DUCC Apache demo deployed in "sim" mode has jobs with dependencies failing
- DUCC Web Server (WS) authentication plugin for GSA
- UIMA-DUCC: Pullservice not calling END on WIs being processed while in
quiesce

For the complete list of issues fixed in this release please visit:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/UIMA/versions/12343013

The source and binary zip/tars are staged to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/uima/uima-ducc/3.0.0/RC4

The Maven artifacts are here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheuima-1221

The SVN tag is here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/uima-ducc/tags/uima-ducc-3.0.0/

See http://uima.apache.org/testing-builds.html for suggestions on how to
test release candidates.

Please vote on release:

[ ] +1 OK to release
[ ] 0 Don't care
[ ] -1 Not OK to release, because ...

--
Jerry Cwiklik
Apache UIMA

Re: [VOTE] UIMA-DUCC 3.0.0 RC4

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <cw...@apache.org>.
Cancelling UIMA-DUCC 3.0.0 RC4 due to the problem found by Eddie. Thanks to
all who
took the time to test this RC.
-jerry

Re: [VOTE] UIMA-DUCC 3.0.0 RC4

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
[...]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:812)

Re: [VOTE] UIMA-DUCC 3.0.0 RC4

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <cw...@apache.org>.
- Built from source - OK

Re: [VOTE] UIMA-DUCC 3.0.0 RC4 - updating overview doc, uima v3 use?

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Marshall,
The overview will indicate support for UIMAv2 and UIMAv3 versions. Use of
Cassandra has been described since version 2.1. Non-UIMA-AS services have
been supported and described since the initial release. Although work has
been done to formalize the pull-service mechanism used by DUCC jobs, it is
not as fully supported as UIMA-AS services and is not yet documented. I
agree that it should be documented in the near future release.
Eddie